- United States ·
October 3, 2023 · 5:13 PM UTC
A bipartisan U.S. Senate delegation will visit China, Japan and South Korea in October, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer's office said on Tuesday.
- Asia PacificNorth Korea criticizes new US strategy on weapons of mass destruction
North Korea criticized a new U.S. strategy on countering weapons of mass destruction for describing the reclusive state as among those it considers a "persistent threat," KCNA media reported on Wednesday.
- MarketsTPG Telecom's $4 bln fiber assets bid's due diligence period expires
Australia's TPG Telecom said on Wednesday the exclusive due diligence period granted to Macquarie-backed rival Vocus Group for the A$6.3 billion sale of its non-mobile fiber assets has expired.
- Asia PacificTwo earthquakes rattle Nepal, injuring 17, triggering landslides
Two earthquakes rocked western Nepal on Tuesday, injuring 17 people, damaging homes and triggering a landslide that blocked a major highway, authorities said.
- MarketsSri Lanka likely to resume rate cuts Thursday to spur growth
Sri Lanka's central bank is expected to resume interest rate cuts on Thursday as it attempts to bolster a recovery from its worst economic crisis in decades, capitalising on low inflation to complete the first review of a $2.9 billion IMF bailout package.
- MarketsThai baht depreciation due to external factors, being monitored - c.bank
Thailand's central bank said on Tuesday it was closely watching movement in the baht currency , which it said is a result of external factors and in line with regional peers.
- MarketsHigh inflation clouds Philippine growth outlook in 2023, IMF says
The Philippine economy is on track to expand this year, but probably at a slower clip, as stubbornly high inflation may warrant a "higher-for-longer policy rate path," the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said on Tuesday.